The average american worker wastes 2.09 hours every day according to this survey: wasting time at work. The number one goof off activity: surfing the internet for personal use (44%), followed by socializing with co-workers at 23.4%. More interesting findings from the survey:
- Men and women goof off equally.
- Youngsters goof off much more than their elders.
- Midwest states goof off the most and East coast and Hawaii the least.
- Average salary wasted per employee per year: $5,720 (based on average salary of $39k).
- Total cost to employers per year: $759 Billion (based on 132 million workers).